After feeling sick for nearly three weeks, I’m finally feeling a little better. I’m not 100% yet, but I’m definitely on my way. I think it must be the combination of meds the ER doctor prescribed Friday night…uh, I mean Saturday morning.

I’m taking an antibiotic (doxycycline) twice a day, cough medicine (Tessalon perles) three times a day, and steroids (prednisone) once a day. When I’ve had bronchitis in the past, I’ve been prescribed a cough syrup with codeine. It always worked pretty well, so I was skeptical of these little, bitty liquid-filled capsules. I shouldn’t have been. They are great at stopping my cough! The prednisone prescribed was 50mg tablet. Apparently, it’s rather costly, so the pharmacist filled it as 10mg tablets instead and told me to take 5 at a time. That way, my cost was only $4. Yay for smart pharmacists!!

The doctor also gave me an inhaler which I’ve used a few times and Lortab (for the chest pain due to coughing) which I’ve taken only a couple times. Once the cough was subdued, the pain wasn’t bad enough to warrant taking a narcotic.

Thankfully, I’ve been off work the past four days. It has given me time to rest up and recover some before I have to go back to work tomorrow. Unfortunately, the reason I was off so many days in a row was because it was Sam’s fall break from school. I was hoping we could do some fun things together. Instead, I spent most of the time in bed or in my recliner. I’ll have to make it up to him next time we have some time off together.

Thank you to all of you who prayed for me. I really appreciate it!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: